Las Vegas, NV
4295 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas Nevada 89121
Ranger Station: (702) 451-4647
Mail – General Delivery, Las Vegas, NV 89125
(All General deliveries in Las Vegas are now picked up at this location.)
Mobile Voice and Data
Verizon Internet card works great.
Nevada RV Laws
Do we need to stop at weigh stations? Yes, if you meet the weight requirements and are driving for hire.
RV Size limits 14′, High, 85.5′ wide, 45′ for Motor Home, and a total length of 70′ A truck may carry a fifth wheel and one more trailers as long the total length is under 71′.
Fuel in standard pumps seems to be OK for now.
Truck Stops in Nevada – Pilot for North Bound Travelers – (12 Miles) / Pilot Heading south to California – (50 Miles) (Please note truck stops are beginning to charge for overnight parking. Fuel, food, and the junk we buy is no longer enough. Look here parking up to $15.00 per night! Rest areas will get more crowded as well deserted freeway exits as try to get our rest.)
Points of Interest
- Cowabunga bay water park – Expensive way to get wet, but the kids like it. $39 pp They think it is winter after October 11 and shut down till spring. (5 Miles)
- Circus CircusCasino knows you have a family – Familiy entertainment is alive and well. Let your kids run in an amusement park called the Adventure dome, then play in and arcade while watching word class performers – (10 Miles)
- The Legacy Golf Club – (14 miles)
- Tuscany Golf Club – (12 miles)
- WildHorse Golf Club – (10 Miles)
- DragonRidge Golf Course – (12 Miles)
- Rio Secco – (19 Miles)
- Clark County Shooting Complex – Do your 7 days out of Las Vegas Thousand trails here. Nice RV park, has shot gun area, pistol, rifle and archery areas. Fees are reasonable too. – (30 Miles)
Las Vegas Strip – Lots of high end stores in places like Caesar’s Palace, and Fashion show mall. Bellagio fountains and Gardens are really nice; this is strip is best a few hours before sunset. Then the weirds come out in droves. Watch the parking they are starting to charge; Who is charging and who is not. Note many of the garages will not take full sized trucks, the Tropicana has out door parking and can accommodate large vehicles. (12 miles)
This is a very tight park, but clean and well kept. The staff is top notch and works very hard. The community areas are well designed and pleasant to be in. That being said, this park is a place to sleep while passing through to other places, or touring the area, not a great place to hang out, as there is no room around your rig. Laundry facilities are barely adequate for the number of rigs in the park. There is no change machine, bring money. The park is reasonably close to the strip, and other natural attractions near Vegas. For the most part we really consider this park a rest stop on the way to other states. The park is less than a Mile off I – 515 and just a few miles from I-15.
Main driveway just after the ranger station
The best of the laundry rooms
Typical site, all are 30amp, so in hot weather, it could be hard to keep cool.
Playground, not functional any more, most of the equipment has been removed.
(2016 no play equipment exists any longer.)
Nice little park store – (2016 being rebuilt due to storm damage)
Community room -– (2016 being rebuilt due to storm damage)
Water feature in front of the store
View looking out of the store
Get away cabin
Hot tub, and the water is perfect– (2016 being rebuilt due to storm damage)
Pool is out of commission right now. – (2016 being replaced due to storm damage)
View of one of the rows of camp sites